Resume Template Overview
Working with the Resume Template
Thanks for downloading the resume template. You're on your way to building a better resume. The template is in Word format. You can also upload it to Google Docs but you may lose some of the formatting.
Before working on the resume template, be sure to save a copy of the original.
If you have any questions, feel free to shoot me an email at email@example.com.
Good luck and happy hunting!
Tips To Get Eyes On Your Resume
Increases your chances of getting your resume seen by hiring managers by including keywords listed in the job description.
Systems usually scan for these words and display related resumes as results for hiring managers to go through.
- Scan job description
- Utilize keywords from job description in your resume
Make Use of White Space
Treat your resume like a webpage. A hiring manager may give you just a few seconds to scan your resume. Make it easy for them to read it.
- Add space between sections
- Break out large blocks of text
- Try to be brief but to the point in your bullet points.
Make the extra effort to tailor your resume to each position you apply for.
- Remove technologies unrelated to the job
- Keep technologies that may indirectly relate to the job
- Do not add items that are completely unrelated to your field, if possible